Last modified: July 5, 2018
- What information we collect
- How we use that information.
- How we protect information
- How we share informaiton
Your privacy matters to Goodontop so whether you are new to Goodontop or a long-time user, please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions contact us.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users, the information like which language you speak, where is your location, what products that matter most to you etc.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Information you give us. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for a Goodontop Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card to store with your account. If you want to take full advantage of the sharing features we offer, we might also ask you to create a publicly visible Goodontop profile, which may include your name and photo.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We collect information about
the services that you use and how you use them, like which foods you like most, what's your favorite restaurants.
This information includes:
When you use our services or view content provided by Goodontop, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:
- Details of how you used our services, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- Device event information such as system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Goodontop account.
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Goodontop may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Goodontop account.
When you use Goodontop services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Goodontop with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
Cookies and similar technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit a Goodontop service, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services we offer to our partners, such as advertising services. Our Goodontop Analytics product helps businesses analyze the traffic to their products and services.
How we use information
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Goodontop and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content for better user experiences.
We may use the name you provide for your Goodontop Profile across all of the services we offer that require a Goodontop Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Goodontop Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Profile information, such as your name, products, services and photos.
When you contact Goodontop, we keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer.Back to Top
We work hard to protect Goodontop and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We offer you two step verification when you access your Goodontop Account.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Goodontop employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals unless one of the following circumstances applies:
With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Goodontop when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Goodontop if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Goodontop, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.